COVID-19 HR Quick Guide for Small Businesses*
There are several basic different benefits under the provision of the Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act). Flex HR of Atlanta provides the Covid-19 HR Quick Guide for small businesses. These guidelines give small business owners clarity and confidence to proceed with handling their employees during the Covid-19 pandemic. Maintaining compliance and keeping within the parameter of regulations is imperative for all companies to adhere to during this confusing time. If you have any further questions after to the following guidelines, please contact Flex HR directly:
- Employers will receive 100% reimbursement for paid leave pursuant to the Act.
- Employers will get paid for via Payroll tax credits.
- Businesses under 50 employees can request an exemption to provide the leave under this Act where the viability of the business is threatened.
- Items in this Act will most likely apply from a date in January that will be defined in the April 2nd completing of the rules.
- If a business developed a paid leave plan for COVID-19 in the past month, that policy must be exercised prior to using this Act’s provisions (unless overwritten in final instructions).