Job Title: Payroll Manager
Reports To: Senior, Payroll Manager
Department: Flex HR Payroll Department
Location: Johns Creek, GA or Remote
About Flex HR: Flex HR is a fast-growing HR outsourcing company based in Johns Creek, GA, right outside of Atlanta. We work with companies in a variety of industries to help them manage their human resources and payroll. We are a team of learners who are excited to delight our clients. We are looking for a positive, curious, customer-focused, and detail-oriented person to join our team and organization.
Job Summary: The Payroll Specialist performs payroll-related functions, including payroll processing, payroll tax compliance, automated timekeeping systems and payroll reporting in a multi-site, multi-state, high-volume environment. The Payroll Specialist provides excellent customer service to managers and associates and is well versed in payroll compliance, taxes and reporting.
- Prepare and submit payrolls for multiple clients, managing a portfolio of 6-12 clients. In some cases, you might be required to work with 1-5 larger clients that have more specific needs.
- Follow appropriate workflows and procedures for the payroll department.
- Ensure all employees are paid on time via live check or direct deposit.
- Screen time-worked inputs for calculating, coding, or other errors.
- Calculate and process Federal & State tax and social security with-holdings along with other deductions including insurance, benefits, 401(k) contributions and company match.
- Review and process payroll adjustments, including vacation, sick and other time off.
- Collect banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits on paydays.
- Maintain knowledge of rules and laws which govern payroll administration practices including taxation, benefits, and state & federal regulations.
- Ensure that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies.
- Perform actions necessary to track and determine regular and overtime pay, and factors commission-based income or bonuses into an employee’s salary.
- Assist HR Department with open enrollment by manually entering new elections.
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications.
- Processing all employee terminations and are completed in the payroll system.
- Generate accrual entries as needed.
- Reconcile errors and maintain/document all payroll records.
- Reconcile general ledger regarding payroll transactions.
- Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll.
- Responsible for double checking all new hire information, and existing employee changes before every payroll run.
- Handle all tax change requests in the payroll systems.
- Field and respond to payroll inquiries and resolves discrepancies.
General Job Requirements:
- Be part of an organization that is team-based, positive and helpful.
- Always make ethical decisions.
- Continue to learn in your field and make improvements at processing payroll.
- Help to think critically about how to solve problems and how to work smarter, not harder.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Associate degree in accounting or business administration or
- Minimum of 2-3 years of high-volume payroll related experience.
- Benefits Administration
- Knowledge of Certified Payroll Processing Requirements
- Experience running payroll within multiple US States
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and written communications
- Excellent Excel & report writing skills
- Payroll knowledge necessary for this position.
- Experience with multiple payroll platforms is helpful.
- Workday, Netchex, Paycom and Paylocity payroll systems experience a plus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. General office environment: some stress may occur in meeting project deadlines. Uses office equipment and computer approximately 90% of the work day.