5 Questions That Impress Hiring Managers
Recruiting times have been tough during the pandemic but now companies are coming back strong and looking to hire the right candidate for their open positions. So how can you get ahead of those other contenders? It’s time to impress by asking some more in-depth questions that help reveal important information about yourself.
Here are five questions that will impress hiring managers:
- Do you see any major changes in the position or workplaces in the coming year?
- What can I do to really “win” at this job?
- If you were to leave this company, what would be the reason?
- What growth opportunities does the organization offer?
- Is there anything else I can share to put me at the top of your list?
Fast Company spoke to Flex HR specifically in regard to question number two, what can I do to really “win” at this job? Who wouldn’t want to hear this question from a candidate? It shows that you want to get a peek behind the curtain at what it takes to succeed at the firm. Interviewee questions such as this give interviewers a look at the candidate’s drive and potential for success, says Jennifer Morehead, CEO of Flex HR, a HR outsourcing firm. “The questions that interviewees ask are often more indicative of their success than their canned answers to questions. I really do think that interviewee questions can really set a candidate apart from the rest,” she says. To put it another way: What will “success” look like in this role?